Visa Europe raids Levi Strauss for chief marketer
LONDON - Visa Europe has appointed Mariano Dima as its new executive vice-president for marketing and products.
He will be tasked with responsible for advertising, marketing, sponsorships and product development for Visa Europe.
Peter Ayliffe, Visa Europe chief executive, said: "This is a very strategic appointment for Visa Europe.
"As the payments industry is at a turning point in Europe with the creation of a Single Euro Payments Area at the start of 2008 and an increasingly competitive market place. The broad skills and experience Mariano Dima brings will be a great asset to Visa Europe in driving consumer preference for the brand, as we launch new and innovative products such as contactless cards".
Dima was previously European vice-president of marketing for Levi Strauss & Co, based in Brussels.
He was responsible for advertising, public relations, digital, CRM and trade marketing programmes for Levi's iconic brand.
Dima has also held a number of senior marketing positions with leading global brands. These include head of consumer segments strategy worldwide at Vodafone Group, and head of international marketing and business development at Pentland Group, owners of Speedo, Berghaus, Lacoste and Ellesse brands.
He started his marketing career at PepsiCo International, where he worked for more than eight years in the US and Latin America.
Last week, it was announced that Barclaycard and Oyster are to roll out a combined card next year in the UK that will enable users to use the same card to pay for travel and as a credit card. Visa is partnering in the scheme.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Senior Product Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Oxfordshire
- Data Planning Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London