MTV moves more into mobile with Mobile Media Group
LONDON - Music television network MTV has set up a new centralised group to bring the broadcaster closer to mobile media.
The Mobile Media Group will be responsible for developing MTV content into games, ringtones and videoclips, and be responsible for the development of mobile content internationally across the network.
This move reflects MTV's desire to move strongly into the area of mobile content, as it has recently done with user-generated programming with channel MTV Flux.
In October, MTV and Microsoft embarked on a research project to find out the social impact of technology on the world's youth.
Young people in China, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the US and the UK were asked about how digital media have an impact on their lives. The new research will look at the impact of viral video, instant messaging, email, social networks, mobile phones and online gaming.
In July, MTV Networks UK & Ireland replaced the music channel VH2 with MTV Flux, a channel devoted to content created by its users. The network runs across online and mobile platforms as well as on TV.
It marked MTV's first serious move to tapping into the online social networking phenomenon, which is dominated by players such as MySpace and Bebo.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Project Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester
- Managing Partner / Client Services Director David Thatcher Recruitment £80-95k, Bristol