180 Amsterdam picks up Sony global branding brief
LONDON - 180 Amsterdam, which recently sold a majority stake to Omnicom Group, has won a global branding brief from Sony Corporation. The agency pitched against Fallon in London, which created the famous 'balls' and 'paint' ads for the Sony Bravia television brand, and Berlin Cameron United in New York for the account.
Japanese agency Hakuhodo worked with 180 on its pitch. Sony began hunting for an agency in August this year.
Sony said the campaign will seek to create and capitalise on a single, powerful idea that would be used to capture and invigorate the Sony brand across the company worldwide, while connecting consumers to the full world of Sony.
A release date or spend for the campaign were not revealed.
180 already has a relationship with the electronics giant, having succeeded in a pitch for the Sony Electronics America account earlier this year, sharing it with fellow Omnicom Group agency BBDO.
The new brief has been devised after a global brand analysis undertaken by Wolff Olins, also part of the Omnicom Group.
Andrew House, chief marketing officer at Sony, said: "Sony's brand is one of the company's greatest assets, and through this project we hope to reinforce our strengths and achieve maximum leverage for all our businesses -- individually and collectively."
Sony Corporation manufactures a huge range of products including home audio, video and televisions, PCs, printers and semiconductors. It also makes music, films, TV shows and computer games.
It has been in the news frequently this year after a number of laptop manufacturers, including Dell and Apple, were forced to recall certain models because of faults with their batteries, which were manufactured by Sony. Sony has said that the recall could cost as much as $250m.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London