Innocent looks to Cereal Partners for marketing director
LONDON - Innocent Drinks has poached Gareth Helm, Cereal Partners' head of brands, to be its new marketing director.
Helm was responsible for highlighting the health benefits of Nestle brands such as Shredded Wheat and Cheerios and also promoted whole grains across the breakfast cereal portfolio.
Innocent Drinks is to launch a major £3m integrated ad campaign in January 2007, created collaboratively by Lowe London and Innocent's in-house creative team. It will involve national press, TV and below-the-line activity. The TV ad will star Innocent Drink's creative director Dan Germain, who will be shown explaining the difference between a smoothie and a juice. Lowe won the account in October 2005, after a shoot-out against Campbell Doyle Dye and incumbent Innocent.
Jamie Mitchell, recently promoted from marketing director to UK managing director, said: "We are really excited about appointing Helm to this role. Innocent now stands at 64% market share, but there is still plenty we can do to grow. We want people to understand the benefits of drinking smoothies and whole crushed fruits."
Innocent Drinks has recently had to face competition from the launch of Unilever's AdeZ range of smoothies, a market Innocent and PJ Smoothies currently dominate.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London