IPC Media enhances NME.com for US push
LONDON - IPC Media's flagship music website NME.com is to expend its offering across the Atlantic, with the opening of New York and Los Angeles news offices which, IPC says, along with its London presence will make the site a 24-hour operation.
The publisher will also be enhancing the service with the introduction of NME.com Alerts to user's desktops.
In addition to increased news coverage, NME.com will introduce increased user interactivity and feedback through the launch of a news comment feature, access to international live performances and tickets through the upgrade of the Gigs & Tickets section of the site. These features will be available to fans early in 2007.
Anthony Thornton, NME.com digital editor-in-chief, said: "NME.com has dominated live music news online for over a decade. The increase offering announced today underpins our commitment to be the number one music news service provider."
The publisher's activity in the US will include the expansion of the NME Tours, which has featured The Killers, Coldplay and Arctic Monkeys in the US.
Gordon Innes, director of the government's UK Trade & Investment USA office, added: "The creative and media industries have been highlighted as one of the key priority sectors in UK Trade & Investment's strategy over the next five years.
"The UK offers innovation, expertise and pure imagination and has built its reputation as a centre of global creativity. One of the world's biggest selling music media brands launching into the world's largest music market is hugely exciting."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London