Kelis signed by Ford for urban marketing campaign
NEW YORK - Kelis, the singer famous for her hits 'Milkshake' and 'Caught Out There', has signed a deal to promote the new Ford Edge, including recording a new song specifically for the campaign.
The campaign breaks in the US this week on television, in print, on radio and online.
It will feature Kelis singing the song 'Push it to the Edge', which includes the lyrics: "So clean in my Edge/Steady headed to the spot/Speakers bump thump thump/All you hearin' on the block."
Ford described the campaign as "urban marketing". Kelis is not the only artist involved in the launch -- her husband Nas also promoted the new Ford at a party to mark the launch of his new album 'Hip Hop is Dead', where the ad campaign to promote the Ford Edge was previewed.
Ford described her as "the perfect spokesperson" for the campaign.
Jeri Ward, Ford Edge marketing manager, said: "Our target buyer can easily relate to Kelis' sharp and sophisticated style."
The ad campaign to back the Ford Edge was created by The Uniworld Group in Detroit. It shows the car arriving at a red carpet event, with paparazzi and a crowd. The photographers cannot keep their lens off the Edge as the sunroof slowly opens to reveal Kelis dressed to impress for a VIP event.
The ad will begin airing in late December on major television networks throughout the US.
Kelis said: "I am an informed buyer who likes to shop around for what I like. I prefer bold designs and that's what I see when I look at the Edge. I believe it was built to defy expectations and change people's perceptions, two concepts that have helped me define who I am."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands
- Analytics Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool