BT Retail marketing department to get major overhaul
LONDON - BT Retail's marketing communications team is set to undergo a major overhaul in the New Year, following chief operating officer John Petter's decision to break up the department into specific units covering each service offering.
It is understood that the department, which represents the company's BT Fusion, BT Talk Together, BT Broadband and BT Answer services, will now have individual marketing communications teams for each individual service, breaking up the existing one that operates from a central hub.
Tracy Follows head of marketing communications at BT is to move to adverting agency Lowe in an, as yet, unnamed role.
It is understood that David Still, head of voice retention has been offered Follows' position, and will take her place once she leaves the organisation.
A spokesman for BT Retail told Brand Republic that the changes would affect five to six people within BT Retail's marketing communication's team, who have been instructed to apply for jobs within the newly created departments.
BT Retail said the changes would not lead to redundancies within the marketing communications team, and that the restructuring would affect "a small number of people".
BT Retail, which generated an annual turnover of £8.5bn from 2005 to 2006, claims 18.3m customers. Its business operations, led by Ian Livingston, chief executive officer, include BT Regions, customer service, mobility and strategy and enterprise services.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Planning Director - London Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight/Senior Graphic Designer Source £23000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Project Manager 383 Dependent on Experience, West Midlands
- Digital Designer - Responsive Genius! ADLIB £20000 - £32000 per annum, Witney