Research Studios creates design for mag retrospective
LONDON - Research Studios, founded by Neville Brody, has created the design for Black Dog Publishing's '100 Years of Magazine Covers'.
The design of the book, which was written by Steve Taylor, was handled by Brody, Nick Hard and Marcus Piper at Research Studios, and features: Vogue, Cosmopolitan and Harper's Bazaar for women's titles; Life, Time and The Economist for news titles; and a host of underground titles including Sniffing Glue and Oz.
Research Studios said each chapter would be accompanied with text covering the history and context of each magazine, and extended captions.
'100 Years of Magazine Covers' will also include details on the cultural influence of individual publishing houses, and explore what makes a good magazine cover.
Brody said: "It has been a pleasure to work on this book as its subject matter lies in the heartland of much of my experience as a designer.
"This collection of magazine covers draws upon archival material from the late nineteenth century to the present day, and from a broad international spectrum of publications."
Brody, who is a former art director at The Face and created the look for Arena, unveiled The Times' new Times Modern typeface for the print edition last month.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)