People react well to email marketing says new research
NEW YORK - Email marketing has received another tick of approval, as new research shows that three out of four of adults who are online view email communications from companies they like as valuable.
The research was conducted by independent research firm Harris Interactive on behalf of Acxiom Digital.
It found that of 2,541 adults polled in the US, 94% had received an email solicitation and that almost a third had been prompted to make a purchase based on it.
It showed that people like getting emails from companies that they do business with. More than half said that it was important to get targeted and relevant emails, and 60% said that offers and discounts were a factor in getting them to respond.
On average, 23% said that the personalised elements of the email and their design were important to them.
Kevin Johnson, president of Acxiom Digital, said: "Savvy consumers have come to rely on email marketing communications as a resource to help them get the best deals possible.
"Likewise, retailers have established email marketing as an efficient and productive way to build and retain a loyal customer base and increase revenue by communicating with consumers in a meaningful way. This poll demonstrates that email marketing has evolved over the years to bring more value to consumers while proving to be a more effective medium for retailers than ever before."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire