People react well to email marketing says new research
NEW YORK - Email marketing has received another tick of approval, as new research shows that three out of four of adults who are online view email communications from companies they like as valuable.
The research was conducted by independent research firm Harris Interactive on behalf of Acxiom Digital.
It found that of 2,541 adults polled in the US, 94% had received an email solicitation and that almost a third had been prompted to make a purchase based on it.
It showed that people like getting emails from companies that they do business with. More than half said that it was important to get targeted and relevant emails, and 60% said that offers and discounts were a factor in getting them to respond.
On average, 23% said that the personalised elements of the email and their design were important to them.
Kevin Johnson, president of Acxiom Digital, said: "Savvy consumers have come to rely on email marketing communications as a resource to help them get the best deals possible.
"Likewise, retailers have established email marketing as an efficient and productive way to build and retain a loyal customer base and increase revenue by communicating with consumers in a meaningful way. This poll demonstrates that email marketing has evolved over the years to bring more value to consumers while proving to be a more effective medium for retailers than ever before."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex