Gabby Logan defects from ITV Sport to the BBC
LONDON - ITV Sport presenter Gabby Logan is joining the BBC in the New Year to present its 'Sports News' programme, set to launch on BBC One by the summer of 2007.
Logan will also be part of the commentating team on a series of live sporting events for the BBC.
Logan said: "I'm thrilled to be joining the BBC at such an exciting time. The opportunity of working on the 'Sports News' programme was one I just couldn't resist."
A former Commonwealth Games gymnast, Logan, who has previously worked at Sky and most recently at ITV, will also have a role as a member of radio station BBC's Five Live presenting team. She was previously presenter of ITV football magazine programme 'On the Ball' with co-host former Sunderland and Liverpool player Barry Venison.
Roger Mosey, BBC director of sport, said: "Gabby has an impressive background in sports broadcasting and she'll be a fantastic addition to the BBC Sport team."
Mark Sharman, director of ITV Sport, said: "I would like to thank Gabby for all her contributions to ITV Sport over the last eight years. We wish her all the best with the next phase of her career."
In 2004, Logan appeared in an ad for The Times newspaper along with fellow celebrities model Jodie Kidd, chef Gordon Ramsay and England rugby fly half Jonny Wilkinson.
The campaign was developed by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and consisted of seven ads designed to boost the profile of the newspaper's sport, health and entertainment coverage.
The executions featured personalities debating topics related to these areas, such as Ramsay and Kidd talking about cosmetic surgery, and Logan and Wilkinson debating the merits of football and rugby.
Logan is the daughter of former Sheffield Wednesday manager Terry Yorath, and is married to former Scottish rugby international Kenny Logan.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus bonuses + benefits, Norwich
- Senior Account Manager [Integrated] - Superb Agency - £37k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £37k+, Central London