English Hockey capitalises on PR and event firm
LONDON - England Hockey has appointed sponsorship, PR and event agency Capitalize to implement a PR campaign for the EuroHockey Nations Championships to be held in Manchester in August 2007.
The campaign will consist of ongoing B2B PR, complemented by a pre-event pan European PR campaign. Capitalize will also run an onsite press office for the championships in 2007.
Capitalize has previously run successful campaigns for the National Squash Championships and the English National Badminton Championships and is working on these events again in 2007.
Barry Snellgrove, England Hockey's marketing director said: "We have no doubt that Capitalize will deliver a thorough, first-class PR campaign as they have an impressive history working within sport in Manchester. Hockey is a sport that does not get nearly enough media attention and in light of London 2012 and a real public interest in developing sports, Capitalize will be working with us to ensure it is put firmly on the map."
The EuroHockey Nations Championships 2007 will take place at Belle Vue in August. The nine-day event offers the top three teams in each competition direct qualification for the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008. EHNC 2007 is set to be the biggest single hockey event to be held in England since the 1986 Men's World Cup in London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London