Renault to sponsor Theakston-fronted Channel 4 quiz
LONDON - Renault Espace is to sponsor 'The Search', Channel 4's new seven-part global treasure hunt, to be fronted by Jamie Theakston.
The deal, negotiated between Carat Sponsorship and Channel 4, includes broadcast and online sponsorship.
Renault Espace will have integrated logos, banners and skyscrapers on 'The Search' website. The creative was developed by Publicis.
Jonathan Wignall, national advertising manager at Renault Espace, said: "The Search is ideal for the Espace as it allows us to showcase the versatility to our key audience via an engaging and interactive show that the whole family can enjoy."
The Search, which debuts in January, involves 10 contestants trying to find buried treasure by deciphering codes and unravelling ancient mysteries around the world. The treasure seekers must find seven symbols, offering clues concerning the whereabouts of seven pots of hidden treasure in the UK. Each week, one contestant will be eliminated from the contest.
The twist is that viewers may be able to get to the treasure before the contestants because the clues are revealed to viewers and contestants at the same time.
In July, Renault UK joined forces with Carat to produce a series of drive-in movies to promote the Megane model. Publicis developed the on- and off-line creative for that campaign.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London