Renault to sponsor Theakston-fronted Channel 4 quiz
LONDON - Renault Espace is to sponsor 'The Search', Channel 4's new seven-part global treasure hunt, to be fronted by Jamie Theakston.
The deal, negotiated between Carat Sponsorship and Channel 4, includes broadcast and online sponsorship.
Renault Espace will have integrated logos, banners and skyscrapers on 'The Search' website. The creative was developed by Publicis.
Jonathan Wignall, national advertising manager at Renault Espace, said: "The Search is ideal for the Espace as it allows us to showcase the versatility to our key audience via an engaging and interactive show that the whole family can enjoy."
The Search, which debuts in January, involves 10 contestants trying to find buried treasure by deciphering codes and unravelling ancient mysteries around the world. The treasure seekers must find seven symbols, offering clues concerning the whereabouts of seven pots of hidden treasure in the UK. Each week, one contestant will be eliminated from the contest.
The twist is that viewers may be able to get to the treasure before the contestants because the clues are revealed to viewers and contestants at the same time.
In July, Renault UK joined forces with Carat to produce a series of drive-in movies to promote the Megane model. Publicis developed the on- and off-line creative for that campaign.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)