Pont quits MPG for strategy role at Naked
LONDON - Media Planning Group marketing director Simon Pont is leaving the agency to take up a job at Naked, the communications planning shop.
He will join Naked as strategy director, primarily working on the Boots account, and will join in the New Year.
Mark Craze, MPG managing partner, said that they were now looking for a new marketing director and that headhunters have been briefed.
Pont was with MPG for two years. Before that, he was at ZenithOptimedia, where he was a strategist. He has also held roles at Saatchi & Saatchi and Mediaedge:cia.
Craze said: "Simon built his career in strategic roles, then switched to marketing and new business with MPG and now wishes to return to working on client strategies. We wish him well at Naked. For MPG, the focus now is on finding a marketing director to help drive the agency's growth in 2007."
Pont's departure follows that of Martin Thomas, head of strategy at MPG. He left after only a year to start his own consultancy.
MPG owned by the French advertising network Havas.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London