Gospel choir stars in new ad campaign for uSwitch
LONDON - Online comparison service uSwitch is using the post-Christmas financial panic period to raise awareness of its services.
In a campaign created by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy with media planning and buying by Starcom Direct, uSwitch will promote its credit cards, loans and broadband price comparison services, among others, using the strapline "U gotta switch".
The first wave of advertising will appear on television on Boxing Day, with a 40-second execution to raise awareness of the brand.
USwitch will run other campaigns throughout 2007, some of which will promote specific products. Other services it offers are utilities, current accounts, landlines and mobile phone comparisons. The ads aim to make uSwitch.com a household name and drive traffic to its website and call centre.
As well as the TV ads, which feature a gospel choir who pop up in unusual locations such as in a fridge or on the bus, the campaign includes radio, print and outdoor advertising.
Barry Holloway, marketing director at uSwitch, said: "Over the past five years our marketing has been PR-led with advertising focused on smart use of media, especially daytime TV, radio and online advertising. This new strategy will promote the brand rather than just focus on the benefits and will reach a much wider audience."
MCBD won the uSwitch account in April after a pitch. The agency has cast uSwitch staff in the TV ads.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London