Fast Track wins World Swimming Championship contract
LONDON - Sports marketing agency Fast Track is to provide national commercial partners, licensing, and client services for the ninth Fina World Swimming Championships, to be held in Manchester in April 2008.
Current partners of the event are Yakult, Astralpool and Omega, and Fast Track will start work to find further partners for the event immediately.
Marketing possibilities include TV exposure over a five-day stint, a legacy programme and tailored packages including a VIP gala dinner.
The championships are being funded by Manchester City Council, British Swimming, The Northwest Regional Development Agency and UK Sport.
It is the biggest sporting event to be hosted by the city since the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Currently two giant pools are being built in Manchester's M.E.N arena to accommodate the 2008 event.
Andy Challis, Fast Track business director, said: "Fast Track has achieved a national partner income record for the last three Athletics World and European Championships that we have worked on and we are determined to deliver an equally strong service for the Fina World Swimming Championships in Manchester. This is a major stepping stone towards London 2012 and an ideal vehicle for sponsors who want to be associated with British success on the world stage."
This deal ends a good year for Fast Track, which was ranked Marketing magazine's top sponsorship agency for the second year running. It was also hired by the Youth Sport Trust in November to run the UK School Games over the next five years.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand IT Manager AbbVie Competitive Salary and Benefits Package, Maidenhead
- CLIENT MANAGER - BRIGHTON - £30K - £35K Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)