Sky backs O'Connell with year-long Virgin Radio deal
LONDON - Broadcast network BSkyB has signed a year-long sponsorship deal with Virgin Radio for 'The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show'.
The deal, which commences on January 22, will support Sky's drive to promote its Sky+, Sky HD and Sky Broadband services to customers across the UK.
The activity will include in-show sponsor credits and promotional trails, and will also include sponsorship of the Sky TV Guide spots featured in Russ William's mid-morning show and in 'The Geoff Lloyd Show'. The promotion will include an online presence at virginradio.co.uk.
Charlie Ponsonby, marketing director for Sky, said: "In 2007, Sky will step up its challenge to traditional telecommunications and cable companies by highlighting the quality, choice and value in our growing product range. Sky and Virgin Radio have had a great relationship for over a decade and this sponsorship is a fantastic opportunity to reach an important audience."
In the latest Rajar results for the third quarter of 2006, Virgin Radio lost 61,000 from its breakfast show, dropping to a 519,000 weekly reach.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, South West London
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London