Sky backs O'Connell with year-long Virgin Radio deal
LONDON - Broadcast network BSkyB has signed a year-long sponsorship deal with Virgin Radio for 'The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show'.
The deal, which commences on January 22, will support Sky's drive to promote its Sky+, Sky HD and Sky Broadband services to customers across the UK.
The activity will include in-show sponsor credits and promotional trails, and will also include sponsorship of the Sky TV Guide spots featured in Russ William's mid-morning show and in 'The Geoff Lloyd Show'. The promotion will include an online presence at virginradio.co.uk.
Charlie Ponsonby, marketing director for Sky, said: "In 2007, Sky will step up its challenge to traditional telecommunications and cable companies by highlighting the quality, choice and value in our growing product range. Sky and Virgin Radio have had a great relationship for over a decade and this sponsorship is a fantastic opportunity to reach an important audience."
In the latest Rajar results for the third quarter of 2006, Virgin Radio lost 61,000 from its breakfast show, dropping to a 519,000 weekly reach.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Development Communications Officer Imperial College London £33,590 - £41,540 p.a., South Kensington, London
- Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Role, FMCG brand, ATL, Integrated & Digital - award winning agency MODA consult £35k - £37k plus excellent benefits, Central London
- PR Account Executive, B2B Tech, London, £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 per annum, London