Online insurer uses viral game to drive consumer quotes
LONDON - Churchill Insurance is launching an online campaign for the festive season with a viral game, 'Elf Attack'.
The game is created by digital communications agency Inbox Digital and aims to herd consumers to its homepage.
This latest viral, at elfattack.com, highlights what the insurer says is its "continued pursuit to position itself as an innovative online insurer".
In August this year, the company supported its TV and print campaign, Challenge Churchill, with a viral game that was also created by Inbox Digital.
Oli Christie, creative director at Inbox Design, said: "As Christmas approaches, 'Elf Attack' is easy festive fun that everyone will enjoy playing and we're confident it's going to yield some super-impressive numbers."
In 'Elf Attack', the player pits himself against a gang of rebellious elves. The player uses the cursor keys to throw snowballs at the naughty elves. Churchill, the insurer's iconic nodding dog, also makes an appearance, sweeping across the screen and handing out presents to enable the players to throw snowballs even harder.
Frances Browning, of Churchill Insurance, said: "Inbox Digital has captured the fun of Christmas in a quirky game, using first-class creative that will help strengthen the Churchill brand and position the company as the dynamic online insurer that it is."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham