New Sparrowhawk service can clip video to text messages
LONDON - Sparrowhawk Media has launched a video text messaging service, TxtBIG!, which it said will allow users send to attach video clips to text messages and send them from either their PC or mobile.
The company, which owns TV stations Hallmark and Movies 24, said TxtBIG! was developed to enhance usability, and could be used for a number of applications, including dumping a partner, sending a congratulations message or swapping banter between friends.
The TxtBIG! clips are arranged in various categories, including Love & Flirt, Chat, Insults and Occasions, and are aimed at mobile users in the 18- to 34-year-old age bracket.
TxtBIG! said football fans would be able to berate a friend's team for losing a match through the service, and exchange opinions on certain results.
Derek Evans, managing director of TxtBIG!, said: "We've covered the whole spectrum of topics and emotions -- funny, emotionally charged and even a bit risque."
He said that consumer demand for mobile content was set to treble over the next 12 months, and that the service was "helping build the market way for innovative methods of communication."
TxtBIG! said that 120m text messages were sent on Valentine's Day this year, compared with 12m cards, and that sending personal video text messages was becoming more commonplace.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire