DoH unveils festive safe sex campaign through Iris
LONDON - The Department of Health has launched a campaign to promote safe sex over the Christmas period among 18- to 24-year-olds through a point of sale promotional campaign created by integrated agency Iris.
The campaign, which ties in with clothing brand Kangol and condom manufacturer Trojan, is designed to promote condoms as the "must have" accessory for young adults over the festive period, through 80 Iris-designed point PoS sites, which carry the strapline "In the mood to be Roo'd? Don't forget -- always use a condom".
Consumers will also receive a free packet of Trojan condoms with every Kangol purchase.
Iris said the ads were part of the Department of Health's wider sexual health campaign, "Condom essential wear", and will aim to combat the increasing number of STI's that occur over Christmas and New Year among young adults.
Ian Millner, chief executive of Iris, said: "Kangol is a brand that really taps into the way young people use logos and brands to belong, while Trojan has always had a strong brand image, which is instantly associated with safer sex.
"The key takeout should be for people to start buying condoms as well as a new outfit if they're out on the pull -- especially during the Christmas party season when the number of people getting STI's is especially high."
Millner described the promotion as cheeky, but one that would address serious sexual health issues. He said: "The giveaway condoms provide the added bonus factor that goes down so well at Christmas."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands
- Analytics Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool