Lowe London set to claim £5m Chevrolet account
LONDON - Lowe London is set to win the £5m UK Chevrolet car account after a pitch against Leo Burnett and Luton agency Butterfield Morris Bushell.
Lowe currently also holds the Saab and Vauxhall accounts in the UK and this move would consolidate the three General Motors-owned brands into a single shop.
The current review began in October when GM was looking to centralise its advertising business. Agencies asked to pitch were GM's roster agencies including Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners, Lowe London, Leo Burnett, Kastner & Partners and McCann Erickson. However, in the end it just came down to three, including Butterfield Morris Bushell, with Lowe London the final choice.
Interpublic's DraftFCB is the incumbent on the Chevrolet account, creating the current campaign, which features a fleet of the cars driving around a city accompanied by The Fine Young Cannibals' track 'Good Thing'.
In April, GM appointed FCB London to handle the pan-European advertising for the launch of the Chevrolet Captiva SUV. FCB scooped the account after a three-way pitch against two of Chevrolet's other roster agencies, Leo Burnett and the Frankfurt-based Buhler & Partners.
Lowe London would not comment on the news.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London