UBM expands Chinese operation with two acquisitions
LONDON - United Business Media has snapped up two firms in China for just over $4.1m (£2.1m) with its acquisition of a medical marketing and a direct marketing firm.
UBM has acquired MediReach Healthcare Communications for an initial cash consideration of $1.1m, with a further deferred consideration of up to $2.75m based on future performance.
Headquartered in Shanghai, MHC provides medical and pharmaceutical marketing consultancy services to multinational pharmaceutical companies across China.
It is seen as one of the fastest growing sectors of the Chinese healthcare market and the acquisition will strengthen the position of UBM's CMPMedica division.
Its second acquisition is that of Customer Contact Center Standard for $350,000. Based in Beijing, the business provides services to Chinese call centres, including centre training and consulting for corporate clients. It also organises the China Contact Center Conference & Awards event attended by call centre managers from across China.
UBM said the acquisition would accelerate its call centre management activities in China, particularly its existing International Customer Management Institute consulting, training, events business which UBM acquired via its CMP Technology business in 2005.
In addition, UBM also acquired the Aviation Industry Group in the UK for £6m with another £1m payable on future performance.
AIG organises 21 annual exhibitions and conferences for the aviation industry, supported by three print titles including Aircraft Technology and Airline Fleet & Network Management.
The exhibitions are held in the UK, with the conferences taking place across the US, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire