Tiger Beer rolls in the Chinese New Year with web push
LONDON - Tiger Beer is honouring the start of Chinese New Year with an online guide, helping consumers understand the traditions behind the occasion.
The guide introduces 2007 as the year of the pig and provides a rundown of events being held throughout the UK. The festival kicks off Sunday February 18 with parades in London and Manchester.
Tiger Beer is owned by Asia Pacific Breweries and is brewed throughout the continent, with a large base in China. In 2006, the company introduced its largest on-pack promotion to tie in with Chinese New Year, offering consumers the chance to win a Chinese banquet.
In addition to the digital guide, the 2007 campaign also involves an online competition asking consumers to guess the number of fortune cookies in a jar. Prizes include a year's supply of Tiger Beer and Asian food hampers for runners-up.
Tiger Beer has heavily invested in marketing recently to increase brand awareness within the 18- to 34-year-old market. The company is currently running a national press and digital campaign through agency Golley Slater, offering competition winners the chance to travel in Asia for a month.
Steven Greaves, marketing manage at Tiger Beer UK, said: "We're delighted to be launching our first ever guide to Chinese New Year, helping people discover the rich history of the festival, and the superstitions and traditions that are behind this important occasion.
"With so many celebrations taking place across the UK, we'd like everyone to get involved so they can enjoy all that the festival has to offer."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Campaign Coordinator / Manager Ninesharp £37 per hour, Liverpool