BBH wins new Diageo whisky brief ahead of global launch
LONDON - Bartle Bogle Hegarty Asia Pacific has been awarded the creative brief for the rollout of The Singleton of Glen Ord, the latest whisky from Diageo's portfolio of single malts.
Singleton premium single malt Scotch whisky will be first launched in the Asian market before being introduced globally. BBH works on Diageo's global business and as such its shops in other territories are likely to be favourite to take the business.
Charles Wigley, chairman of BBH Asia Pacific, said: "Our team is enthusiastic about bringing fresh ideas to life to give this new product a good start. The brief here is very different to other alcohol brands that we've worked with, and we look forward to seeing the outcome."
Branded coasters, tent cards and in-bar branding have already hit the on-trade market across the region, with new print executions slated to appear in the coming months.
The campaign will target a 25- to 34-year-old demographic of Asian men who may be considering "trading up" their current tipple for a single malt. The campaign will aim to position Singleton as the whisky that symbolises the appreciation of the "simple things in life".
Wrigley said: "A pour of whisky can be a very personal experience, so our challenge is to create a simple campaign that appeals to drinkers on an emotional level. We will try to keep our executions simple while still communicating the depth and richness of the brand."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager PFJ £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Lipton Fleming £20000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London