NME partners with Global Cool to combat global warming
LONDON - The NME has joined forces with Global Cool, a City-funded campaign to combat global warming, in a two-way partnership.
As part of the deal, the music magazine will pass on industry gossip and music news to Global Cool members, while NME.com will showcase Global Cool gigs and web casts.
A Scissor Sisters concert can currently be viewed online at www.global-cool.com and Maroon 5, Kasabian and The Fratellis are all lined up to perform. Highlights from V festival, Oxygen and T in the Park will also be broadcast on both websites.
MySpace has also been secured as a global media partner and will be promoting the dangers of global warming to its millions of subscribers.
Global Cool is led by the former head of the Man Group investment company, Julian Knight, and has been promised funding of £120m by a range of blue-chip financial institutions.
To coincide with the launch of its campaign, global-cool.com is showcasing a previously unheard song from Jim Morrison and The Doors, which will be the campaign's anthem.
Dan Morrell, Global Cool's founder, said: "Over the next 10 years Global Cool will give everyone the tools and knowledge to actively decrease their own CO2 emissions and show them how to encourage others to do the same.
"Together we can actively create a global movement committed to pushing back the climate tipping point, delivering a sustained long-term benign future without the worst effects of climate change."The campaign centres on the premise that global warming's worst effects can be avoided if 1bn people reduce their carbon emissions by one tonne a year, for the next ten years. The current global annual carbon emissions total stands at 26.5bn tonnes.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham