BSkyB to rebrand culture channel Artsworld as Sky Arts
LONDON - BSkyB is to re-brand its arts channel as Sky Arts from March 1 this year.
The broadcaster will also rebrand its high definition channel Artsworld HD as Sky Arts HD.
The channel will launch with new logos and identity as well as on-air idents and off-air communications, to bring it more into line with the Sky portfolio.
Upcoming highlights on the channel will include a new opera strand 'Monday Night Opera' and a new series of 'The Book Show', a weekly in-studio chat show with some of today's leading authors hosted by Mariella Frostrup.
John Cassy, channel manager of Artsworld, said: "The move from Artsworld to Sky Arts is a great testament to Sky's continued investment in the arts and the breadth of quality and content that Sky has to offer.
"The change in name will help create further awareness of where to find our channel, as well as of Sky's association with the arts including its ongoing sponsorships of English National Opera and English National Ballet, the British Film Institute and The National Trust."
Sky announced that Artsworld would be available in high definition to subscribers in August 2005 along with a raft of other channels including a Sky Sports channel, Sky One, a Sky Box Office channel and two Sky Movies screens.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London