Verklin appointed president of Cannes Lions media jury
LONDON - David Verklin, chief executive officer of Carat Americas and chairman of Carat Asia Pacific, has been appointed president of the Media Lions Jury at the 54th Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
Verklin joined Carat in 1998 as CEO of Carat Americas and in 2005, when he was also appointed chairman of Carat Asia Pacific.
Terry Savage, executive chairman of the festival said: "David is a highly respected international leading authority and visionary of the media business."
Verklin said: "This is an important moment in the history of commercial persuasion and marketing sciences."
Bob Scarpelli, chairman and chief creative office of DDB Worldwide, is to chair the Film and Press 2007 Cannes Lions juries, while Rory Sutherland, vice-chairman of Ogilvy Group UK, has been appointed as chair of the 2007 Cannes Direct Lions jury.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London