Verklin appointed president of Cannes Lions media jury
LONDON - David Verklin, chief executive officer of Carat Americas and chairman of Carat Asia Pacific, has been appointed president of the Media Lions Jury at the 54th Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
Verklin joined Carat in 1998 as CEO of Carat Americas and in 2005, when he was also appointed chairman of Carat Asia Pacific.
Terry Savage, executive chairman of the festival said: "David is a highly respected international leading authority and visionary of the media business."
Verklin said: "This is an important moment in the history of commercial persuasion and marketing sciences."
Bob Scarpelli, chairman and chief creative office of DDB Worldwide, is to chair the Film and Press 2007 Cannes Lions juries, while Rory Sutherland, vice-chairman of Ogilvy Group UK, has been appointed as chair of the 2007 Cannes Direct Lions jury.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Digital Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30 - £38 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £37000 - £45000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London
- Digital Account Manger Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Payments Solutions Strategy Manager Stopgap £45000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Experiential Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London