Former Waitrose marketing director Cull resurfaces at Sky
LONDON - Christian Cull, the former marketing director at Waitrose, has been appointed by BSkyB as its director of customer communications.
Cull will take responsibility for a range of BSkyB's customer communications initiatives, including Sky's customer magazines, loyalty and recognition programmes, promotional and advocacy activities, and relevant media relations.
The new role will support and help communicate BSkyB's continued investment in and focus on customer service. In the last year, Sky has created 2,000 new customer service jobs to support new products and services such as Sky Broadband, Sky Talk and Sky HD, as well as the growth of Sky+.
Cull will join BSkyB on March 1, reporting to Matthew Anderson, group director for communications and brand marketing.
Anderson said: "Sky is a customer-focused company with a record of innovation and our thousands of dedicated people, ranging from field engineers to customer advisers, do their best to set high standards of service. Christian will play a key role communicating the efforts we make on behalf of customers and the continued service improvements we aim to deliver to the one in three families that are choosing to have a relationship with us."
Cull left Waitrose at the end of last month, with his duties being taken by Tony Solomons, who was previously supply chain director at the retailer and has now been promoted to customer development director after being handed a wider role encompassing business development.
His departure followed that of Andrew Woodward, marketing director at Waitrose's sister store, John Lewis. Woodward left the company at the end of 2006, after leading a pitch for the retailer's media account, in which the £15.5m planning and buying brief moved from Burkitt DDB to Manning Gottlieb OMD. Earlier in the year, MG OMD had also secured the £9m Waitrose media account in a pitch led by Cull.
Sky confirmed that Cull would be joining the broadcaster's marketing department.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London