Yahoo! search marketing director Jones defects to I-Spy
LONDON - I-Spy, the fledgling search marketing agency, has poached Yahoo!'s search marketing director Nick Jones as its managing director.
Prior to Yahoo!, Jones, a regular speaker at search marketing industry events, was a director at Goto.com and was responsible for developing the paid-search space in core vertical markets of travel, finance, autos, telecoms, retail and IT. He will take immediate charge of strategy, new business and client services.
I-Spy claims to have pioneered a unique integrated search marketing system, and Jones's remit will be to develop this offering.
Chris Whitelaw, I-Spy CEO, said: "Hiring someone of his calibre and experience is a coup for I-Spy. Smart clients are looking for a more holistic approach, SEO and PPC need to be handled much more as one as do mobile, local and social search, and Nick has a vast amount of knowledge in this area."
Jones said: "Search engine marketing is such a young sector I'm still trying to work out whether I'm gamekeeper turned poacher or the other way around. There's always been more demand for quality SEO than supply, and Web 2.0 has just doubled everything again.
The move comes as part of a recruitment drive, and I-Spy is now looking to hire a senior SEO and senior PPC managers.
The agency opened its doors in 2006 and currently has 12 staff and includes Bupa and STA Travel among its clients.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Director of Brands Gemini Search £60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager, Media, London/Surrey, £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: +10% bonus & benefits, London