Desmond studies flotation of adult broadcasting business
LONDON - Richard Desmond, the owner of Express Newspapers, is mulling a potential initial public offering of his Portland operation, which among other things houses his adult television stations including Television X and RedHot.
The Financial Times claims that Desmond is examining the option in addition to lining up Sir Angus Grossart, a former vice-chairman of Royal Bank of Scotland, to be chairman of Portland.
As well as Television X, Desmond's advertising, music video and adult production business also owns 25 channels on cable and satellite TV including Red Hot.
Desmond used to own a stable of pornographic magazines, including Asian Babes and Skinny and Wriggly. He sold them to Remnant Media in 2004.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London