Haymarket acquires US title DM News
NEW YORK - Haymarket Media's US arm has acquired the New York-based direct marketing trade publication DM News from Courtenay Communications Corporation.
The deal includes the rights to another Courtenay Communications title, iMarketing News, which was published from 1999 to 2002.
Haymarket is based in the UK, where its marketing trade publications include Brand Republic, Campaign, Direct Response, Marketing, Marketing Direct and PR Week.
Its US arm publishes 12 titles covering the marketing, public relations, medical, elderly care and information security businesses.
DM News was launched in 1979 by Adrian Courtenay, who has built up its operations over the past 28 years. He will serve as a consultant to Haymarket for the rest of 2007.
William Pecover, chief executive of Haymarket Media Inc, said: "We are very excited to have made this acquisition, and to be working with Adrian Courtenay, who knows this industry inside out. DM News is a perfect fit not just next to our US brands PR Week and Medical Marketing & Media, but also alongside our direct and other marketing brands worldwide."
Courtenay said that Haymarket had the resources necessary to exploit the huge publishing opportunities in the direct, database and internet marketing fields that DM News covers.
Haymarket has offices in Germany, India, China and Australia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)