TNS Media Intelligence acquires US-based Cymfony
LONDON - TNS Media Intelligence has acquired US marketing analytics company Cymfony, which specialises in tracking traditional and social media, for an undisclosed sum.
TNS will combine Cymfony's expertise in tracking and analysing the intersection of traditional and social media, such as blogs and social networks, with its suite of advertising intelligence products allowing it to ramp up its coverage of social media.
The importance of social media in the marketplace was underlined by a recent report issued by web based intelligence firm Compete, which said that two-thirds of online consumers have visited social networking websites and have increased their use of these sites 414% in the past three years.
TNS said social media's strong influence on consumer purchasing habits has driven billions of dollars into online retail, meaning that market research firms were now having to get to grips with how to measure, understand and respond to its growth.
According to TNS the acquisition will also allow marketers to access a deeper understanding of consumer purchase decisions, and reactions to advertising and public relations through Cymfony's analytics and propriety data.
Steven Fredericks, president and chief executive officer at TNS Media Intelligence, said combining Cymfony's expertise with TNS Media Intelligence would, "bring marketers closer to today's newly empowered consumer, enabling them to make smarter, faster decisions in this rapidly changing marketing environment".
Andrew Bernstein, chief executive of Cymfony, added: "As marketers increase their activities in the emerging social media channel, they will have an integrated partner to turn to for guidance and insight analysed within the context of the entire marketing landscape with TNS MI."
Cymfony, was founded in Boston Massachusetts in 1996.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London