Toedman replaces Stringham as IAA UK chapter president
LONDON - Michael Toedman has been elected as the UK chapter president of the IAA, replacing Peter Stringham as he moves to his new role at Y&R.
Stringham is standing down as the International Advertising Association UK Chapter President after eight months, following his appointment as chief executive of Young & Rubicam Brands in New York. Toedman, BusinessWeek vice-president and international managing director, is taking over as president with immediate effect.
Stringham, who was elected as president when HSBC group general manager marketing, succeeded outgoing president Adrian Vickers in June 2006. At the same time, Toedman was appointed vice-president.
Based in London, Toedman is in charge of BusinessWeek's sales and development outside of the US, including the expansion of BusinessWeek.com's marketing, traffic, and sales efforts in Europe and Asia.
He joined BusinessWeek in 1998 as regional ad director based in Hong Kong, before moving to London in 2001 to become international business development director. Previously, Toedman worked with Euromoney and Institutional Investor from 1990 to 1998 in London, New York, and Hong Kong.
Toedman said: "The IAA UK Chapter is thriving with an active membership and strong education programme. I look forward to building on that strong foundation in the future."
Toedman is a long standing member of the IAA. He served as president of the Hong Kong Chapter and has been a member of the UK Chapter Main Committee since his move to the UK in 2001.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Manager - Healthcare Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £60000 per annum + industry leading benefits package, Surrey
- Social Media Manager Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits + bonus, London
- Account Director Digital Gurus £50000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Search Marketing Executive (PPC & SEO) Salt £30000 - £35000 per annum + bens, London
- Campaign Reporting & Performance Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum + bouns / bens, London