Toedman replaces Stringham as IAA UK chapter president
LONDON - Michael Toedman has been elected as the UK chapter president of the IAA, replacing Peter Stringham as he moves to his new role at Y&R.
Stringham is standing down as the International Advertising Association UK Chapter President after eight months, following his appointment as chief executive of Young & Rubicam Brands in New York. Toedman, BusinessWeek vice-president and international managing director, is taking over as president with immediate effect.
Stringham, who was elected as president when HSBC group general manager marketing, succeeded outgoing president Adrian Vickers in June 2006. At the same time, Toedman was appointed vice-president.
Based in London, Toedman is in charge of BusinessWeek's sales and development outside of the US, including the expansion of BusinessWeek.com's marketing, traffic, and sales efforts in Europe and Asia.
He joined BusinessWeek in 1998 as regional ad director based in Hong Kong, before moving to London in 2001 to become international business development director. Previously, Toedman worked with Euromoney and Institutional Investor from 1990 to 1998 in London, New York, and Hong Kong.
Toedman said: "The IAA UK Chapter is thriving with an active membership and strong education programme. I look forward to building on that strong foundation in the future."
Toedman is a long standing member of the IAA. He served as president of the Hong Kong Chapter and has been a member of the UK Chapter Main Committee since his move to the UK in 2001.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London