UGC site Friction.TV appoints Cohn & Wolfe to handle brand
LONDON - Friction.TV, an online platform that carries user-generated free speech and debate, has appointed PR agency Cohn & Wolfe London to raise consumer awareness of the brand.
The Friction.TV website features a video "speakers' corner", where users can voice their thoughts and opinions on varying issues via video, and challenge those of other users.
The agency picked up the account following a pitch involving four other agencies. Consumer PR firm Golden Goose PR has also been appointed to work with Cohn & Wolfe to produce a campaign focusing on the site's popular culture and arts debate channel.
Cohn & Wolfe's brief is to establish an online presence for the Friction.TV brand and drive users to the website.
The agency has also been charged with growing the business's revenue by building relationships with stakeholders, potential advertisers and strategic partners across on and offline media. Gladys Elia, the agency's managing director of business communications and technology is leading the account team.
"Friction.TV is a brilliant concept, providing a credible central platform for freedom of speech in the third millennium," Elia said. "Our aim over the next few months is to make Friction.TV the MySpace for British opinion."
Andy West the co-founder of Friction.TV, said: "Cohn & Wolfe proposed a campaign that offered instant impact and buzz around the brand. Their approach was creative, structured and measurable."
News of Cohn & Wolfe's appointment comes the same week that former US Vice-President Al Gore launched the UK version of his user-generated TV channel, Current TV.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London