M&C Saatchi bounces back after loss of BA account
LONDON - M&C Saatchi has shown it has withstood the loss of its prestigious BA account in 2005 by upping annual revenues 11.6% to £75.9m and pre-tax profits by 4.6% to £6m during 2006.
M&C expects its European operations to move into profit this year, with Asia Pacific and America performing well, but warned trading conditions in the UK remain challenging.
However, the UK was the group's best performing region in 2006, with wins such as Kingsmill and Lucozade taking revenues to £44.3m, up from £39.5m in 2005. The UK media agency Walker Media, in which M&C Saatchi has a 75% stake, put in a particularly good contribution, most notably picking up the £70m Barclays media account in March last year.
In contrast, profits from the group's own companies dropped by 8.9% to £3.7m, and there were problems in Asia and Australia where profit dropped 29%.
This hit the group's operating margin, which was down from 9% to 8.2%. However, organic revenue growth was high at 11.8%.
David Kershaw, chief executive of M&C Saatchi, said: "Overall the outlook for 2007 remains in line with current expectations."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London