Jewson monitors sales with mobile phone technology
LONDON - Jewson, the UK's builders' merchant, is implementing a sales management system dubbed Snapshot, to monitor trade using SMS technology.
Data-engineering company Rocket Science devised the system, after Jewson tasked it with reducing paperwork and saving time, to increase productivity.
A Jewson salesperson will now have to text a code to a specific phone number every time they make a sales call. The message is recognised by software that identifies the customer and updates Jewson's customer database with the outcome of the call, allowing sales managers and staff to assess their sales performance.
Sales data can be downloaded to correlate sales and account activity against revenue, and Jewson intends to use the information to adapt staff training.
Craig Millar, business development director at Jewson, said: "Snapshot has revolutionised the way we capture sales activity information as it happens. Time-consuming paper-based reporting is gone and as a company we can act on information received from our sales force instantly."
Jim Bradley, managing director of Sales R Us, a division of Rocket Science, said: "Early use of Snapshot has seen Jewson receive many text messages each day and already it is generating greater interaction between sales managers and their teams, making it possible for them to spot issues immediately and solve them before they become problems."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham