Indian film body links up with Global Cool for campaign
LONDON - The International Indian Film Academy has joined forces with environmental charity Global Cool to launch the first climate change campaign backed by Indian and international film stars, including 'Factory Girl' actress Sienna Miller.
The campaign asks fans and supporters across the globe to support the fight against climate change by taking simple actions that will make their lifestyles more carbon efficient.
Supporters will be given a CO2 score card by visiting iifa.com or globalcool.org and when their commitment reaches a saving of one tonne of CO2, they will be given the "IFFA Bond for Global Cool", which gives them access to Global Cool's online community of film, music and other entertainment.
This tool is unique to the campaign, which will be activated in May across multiple platforms including internet, mobile, television and print.
Sienna Miller, Global Cool ambassador, said: "Climate change is an issue that is going to affect us all unless we act now, and I truly believe Global Cool's approach of encouraging individuals to reduce their energy use will go a long way to solving the problem."
Bachchan, brand ambassador for IIFA, said: "IIFA provides a powerful vehicle through which to rally public consciousness, bringing to the forefront of people's minds a deeply grave phenomenon that can no longer be ignored. We aim to carry this message to a constituency of people who may otherwise be unaware of the serious impact of global warming."
The IIFA Weekend, held from June 7-10, is a presentation of the best of Indian entertainment, business and culture. It includes events in Leeds, Bradford, Hull, York and London.
Global Cool is working to get a billion people worldwide to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. Its partnership with IIFA has the potential to bring the charity to the attention of 500m Indian cinema fans.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London