WPP's Lightspeed Research acquires US-based agency
LONDON - Lightspeed Research, the WPP market research company, has acquired US specialist survey consultancy firm, Foresight International, for an undisclosed sum.
Foresight International, which was founded in 1994, has a client list that includes Citigroup, UTC and Enterprise, and employs 37 people. The business returned gross assets for 2006 of $5.9m.
The company, which is co-directed by Richard Slaughter and Laurie Wheldon, specialises in developing market information across a range of sectors, including business, government, education and third sector.
The acquisition, which WPP said was part of its continuing growth in fast-moving sectors, follows the recent additions of a majority stake in DataCore Marketing, and GroupM, which secured a 75% stake in German digital marketing agency Quisma.
In October, Lightspeed Research acquired Forrester Research's Ultimate Consumer Panel, which it said would allow it to boost its consumer behaviour knowledge for clients.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes