Glenfiddich to launch £2m integrated marketing campaign
LONDON - Scotch whisky Glenfiddich is launching a £2m campaign for the brand and its enhanced identity, which is just part of the £23m global investment in the product by owners William Grant & Sons.
Using the strapline "Every Year Counts", the new campaign breaks in May and encompasses TV, print, PR, CRM, sales promotion and online marketing. The advertising campaign has been created by 180 Amsterdam.
The "Every Year Counts" idea parallels the heritage of Glenfiddich with opportunities that can take years to realise. The campaign follows the unveiling of the brand's new identity and packaging, which will hit the shelves in September.
Andy Fackrell, executive creative director at 180 Amsterdam, said: "Love, travel and career are all examples of vital experiences that take time. In the breakneck speed of today we want our key target markets to enjoy the journey as well as the destination. Carpe annum, not carpe diem, is a philosophy embodied by Glenfiddich."
Chris Mason, managing director of First Drinks Brands wholly owned by William Grant & Sons, said: "The record investment we are putting into the brand with new packaging and our first fully integrated marketing campaign will help the category as a whole while Glenfiddich's possibilities for increased growth are excellent."
With record UK sales in 2006, Glenfiddich is showing year-on-year value growth of 4.8% ahead of volume growth of 4.3% against a category whose value and volume declined during the same period according to stats recorded by Nielson.
The increase in UK sales means Glenfiddich now enjoys 18.9% more sales than the UK's second ranked malt whisky.
William Grant & Sons also owns the Balvenie range of single malt whiskeys, Reyka Vodka and Hendricks Gin.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Regional Marketing Manager, Automotive, East Anglia and Northern Home Counties Copeland Select £Competitive + Car , Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Suffolk