Volvo shortlists two agencies for global ad account
LONDON - Volvo has shortlisted two agencies in the final stages of the review of its $150m (£75m) global creative account, with incumbent Havas' Euro RSCG and Omnicom's 180 Amsterdam being cut from the list.
The two agencies to make the final stages are Euro RSCG group's sister agency Arnold, which was pitching with London agency Nitro, and Publicis Groupe's Fallon.
The two are due to present their final pitches on the week commencing April 16 when a decision will be made by Volvo.
Volvo heard presentations last week at the company's global headquarters in Goteborg, Sweden. Latecomer Goody Silverstein & Partners left the race voluntarily to pursue another car account, believed to be Hyundai. Originally it joined the bidding process to partner sister agency 180 Amsterdam.
Media planning and buying duties are handled by various agency partners and will not be affected by this process. The digital work handled by Euro RSCG 4D will also remain unaffected.
The two shortlisted agencies lost major automotive accounts in 2005, with Arnold losing its Volkswagen business to Crispin Porter & Bogusky, and BMW leaving Fallon for GSD&M.
It is believed the brief challenges the agencies to plan a global campaign to sell seven new models over four years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)