Sears calls $780m global media review
NEW YORK - Sears, the fourth largest retailer in the US, is calling a review of its $780m media buying and planning business.
The company, which has called the review in attempt to improve "efficiency and effectiveness", has shortlisted the two incumbents on the business, WPP Group agencies MindShare and MEC Interaction.
The review will be handled by an unnamed consultancy and will include the media duties for retailers Sears Roebuck & Co and Kmart, which are owned by Sears Holdings. The account includes online as well as traditional above-the-line media duties.
A spokesman for Sears Holdings said the company planned to conclude the review in the second quarter.
In a statement issued by the company, it said: "Sears Holdings continues to look for ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all aspects of our business. Last year in June we consolidated our media planning and buying services from two agencies to one."
Sears' creative agencies are unaffected by the media review. WPP's Y&R, Chicago, is Sears' creative agency, while Grey handles creative duties for Kmart.
MindShare has handled all of Sears' traditional media buying and planning since 2000, while MEC started as its interactive agency in 2002.
Sears operates 3,800 retail locations across the US under the mastheads of Sears, Sears Grand, Sears Hardware, Kmart, Big Kmart, Super Kmart, The Great Indoors, Orchard Supply Hardware, and Land's End stores.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London