Sears calls $780m global media review
NEW YORK - Sears, the fourth largest retailer in the US, is calling a review of its $780m media buying and planning business.
The company, which has called the review in attempt to improve "efficiency and effectiveness", has shortlisted the two incumbents on the business, WPP Group agencies MindShare and MEC Interaction.
The review will be handled by an unnamed consultancy and will include the media duties for retailers Sears Roebuck & Co and Kmart, which are owned by Sears Holdings. The account includes online as well as traditional above-the-line media duties.
A spokesman for Sears Holdings said the company planned to conclude the review in the second quarter.
In a statement issued by the company, it said: "Sears Holdings continues to look for ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all aspects of our business. Last year in June we consolidated our media planning and buying services from two agencies to one."
Sears' creative agencies are unaffected by the media review. WPP's Y&R, Chicago, is Sears' creative agency, while Grey handles creative duties for Kmart.
MindShare has handled all of Sears' traditional media buying and planning since 2000, while MEC started as its interactive agency in 2002.
Sears operates 3,800 retail locations across the US under the mastheads of Sears, Sears Grand, Sears Hardware, Kmart, Big Kmart, Super Kmart, The Great Indoors, Orchard Supply Hardware, and Land's End stores.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London