Elle hires Handbag.com fashion director to head up website
LONDON - Hachette Filipacchi has hired Melissa Dick to edit Elle magazine's recently launched website.
Hachette Filipacchi created its Digital Publishing division in November 2006 and is currently expanding its online portfolio, with the flagship Elle website at the forefront of developments.
The publisher is hoping to drive traffic to the site with Dick at the helm; she will be tasked with stepping up video, audio, interactivity and user-generated content.
Reporting to Kat Vitou, head of business development and operations, Dick will manage the online editorial team, lead product innovation and attempt to strengthen links between the magazine and its online brand extension.
Dick joins Hachette from her position as fashion director of Handbag.com, where she had been for a year, prior to which she was a freelance fashion editor and stylist, working for The Scotsman, Grazia and the BBC.
She said: "The ELLEuk.com site combines the credibility, authority and unique style that is core to the Elle brand. The development of this site and the Elle brand in the digital arena is a challenging and incredibly exciting project that I'm thrilled to be a part of.
She replaces Claudia El Khoury, who developed the site pre-launch as acting web editor. El Khoury is now editor of the websites for Hachette Filipacchi's Red and Psychologies magazines, preparing them for a relaunch later this year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands
- Analytics Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool