Canon Europe signs up for Uefa Cup sponsorship
LONDON - Canon Europe has signed football sponsorship agreements for the Uefa Cup, the Uefa Super Cup and the MTN Africa Cup of Nations to be held in Ghana in 2008.
The imaging and IT company will take the Uefa Cup sponsorship for the 2006/2009 season and the Super Cup from 2006/2008.
Canon has a long-standing association with football sponsorship going back almost 30 years, as an official supplier of the Uefa Champions League from 1995 to 2000 and 2004 to 2006, support for the Uefa European Football Championship from 1980 to 1996, and as official sponsor of the Uefa Euro 2004 tournament and the Fifa World Cup from 1978 to 1998.
James Leipnik, chief of communication and corporate relations for Canon Europe, said: "Football is a global sport that transcends cultural and national boundaries and we are proud of our long history of association with the game at the highest levels. These new agreements align us with some of the most exciting football played anywhere in the world."
The new agreement with Uefa will mean Canon branding will be displayed on perimeter boards within the stadiums during the final matches for the Uefa Cup and Uefa Super Cup competitions.
The company will supply a range of digital imaging equipment, including cameras, copiers, printers, scanners and multifunctional devices to Uefa for all the matches covered by the agreement and will also supply a camera loan and repair service to the accredited photographers covering the matches on site.
Philippe LeFloc'h, Uefa director marketing and media rights, said: "We have worked closely together on a number of projects in the past including Uefa European Football Championships, most recently Uefa Euro 2004 in Portugal, and of course the Uefa Champions League as a supplier."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum, Essex