DM Authority chair goes to former ASA chief
LONDON - The Direct Marketing Authority, the independent regulatory body for the direct marketing industry, has appointed a new chair in the shape of former ASA chief Matti Alderson.
She takes over the role from John Bridgeman, who has stepped down following the completion of his second term as chairman.
Alderson said: "Over the next few months I will be tasking the Authority with a review of its working practices to ensure that they are comprehensive and responsive to new developments in this dynamic industry, and will be asking the industry to work with the Authority in improving its profile with the public and practitioners."
Alderson was director-general of the Advertising Standards Authority from 1990 to 2000. She was also the secretary of the Committee of Advertising Practice and the founder of the European Advertising Standards Alliance in Brussels.
She has experience of regulation outside the advertising sector as a current member of the Press Complaints Commission, and is a former member of the Cabinet Office's Better Regulation Taskforce.
In addition, she is currently managing director of FireHorses, a company that advises UK and overseas clients on regulatory policy and strategy.
The Direct Marketing Authority was established by the Direct Marketing Association in 1997. It investigates any complaints made by consumers and other businesses against DMA member companies.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East