Revlon u-turns on decision to appoint Initiative to $150m account
NEW YORK - Cosmetics giant Revlon has reversed a decision to move its estimated $150m (£76.2m) media account from Aegis Group's Carat to Interpublic Group's Initiative, citing contract issues.
Last month, the New York-based marketer awarded media buying and planning duties to Initiative without a review.
Kiki Rees, senior vice-president of media and communications at Revlon, said the proposed switch was made in part because Initiative has close ties to Revlon creative shop Endeavor and that hiring Initiative would result in cost savings on media services.
Rees said: "We tried this opportunity with Initiative, but we couldn't get to agreeable terms on both sides so we're moving it back."
This turnaround was the second piece of good news for Carat last week after Philips Electronics confirmed the media planning and buying group had defended its $600m global account, overcoming WPP's Mediaedge:cia.
The account had gone into review in October of last year, with challengers ZenithOptimedia and Omnicom Group knocked out of the race in January this year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...