National Geographic and Star Alliance launch Africa drive
LONDON - The National Geographic and airline network Star Alliance have launched a Visit Southern Africa campaign to promote travel to the continent, highlighting the wide choice of flight connections to Africa provided by Star Alliance carriers.
The £1.4m "Under Southern African skies" campaign illustrates the experiences open to the international traveller in Southern Africa and is currently running exclusively across National Geographic and Star Alliance's media channels in Europe, the US and Canada.
In order to capture the dramatic landscapes and cultural essence of Southern Africa, National Geographic Magazine commissioned Annie Griffiths Belt to take a series of photographs for the campaign. A National Geographic TV team followed closely behind to shoot footage to create a series of vignettes.
National Geographic will implement the campaign across its media portfolio including its magazine, TV channel, website and a display of Belt's photography at the National Geographic HQ in Washington DC later this year.
Star Alliance member carriers will also be promoting the campaign within their respective in-flight magazines, websites and on-board entertainment channels.
Rebecca Hill, international marketing director for National Geographic magazine, said: "This is the first time that the Star Alliance network has worked in such an integrated fashion with an international media owner. National Geographic is delighted to have been able to create such a powerful campaign that leverages our assets in photography and filmmaking."
Mediaedge:cia brokered the deal between National Geographic and Star Alliance.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Affiliate Account Manager - German Betting Appointments £30000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- eCommerce Operations Executive - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bristol
- Marketing Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + car allowance, Newport Pagnell
- Category Executive - FMCG Brand Recruitment £Competitive , Peterborough
- Brand Coordinator Brand Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, Wellingborough