Asthma UK to launch pollen text alerts campaign
LONDON - Health charity Asthma UK is to launch a free text message alert service to warn sufferers on high pollen count days, during the hay fever season, when there is increased risk of having an attack.
The service, which is part of the charity's Asthma Trigger Trips campaign, is managed by marketing communications company Broadsystem.
Asthma UK will invite asthma sufferers to sign up for text alerts via its homepage, to forewarn people when there is likely to be a high pollen count.
The organisation said it was the first time it had used a text message campaign to contact asthmatics, who make up around 5.2m of the UK population.
Broadsystem will manage a database of subscriber's contact details, which will be updated daily, and send text messages when there is a risk of a high pollen count.
Rachael Williams, assistant director of individual giving at Asthma UK, said: "This groundbreaking text alert system forms a valuable part of Asthma UK's Asthma Trigger Tips initiative, which aims to enable people with asthma to know when they need to take extra care which will improve their lives."
Caroline Worboys, chief executive of Broadsystem, added: "The SMS campaign will make a real difference by making it possible for them to take preventative measures before the onset of a pollen induced attack."
In March last year Asthma UK launched its first TV ad campaign to raise awareness among parents and teachers on what to do if a child suffers a serious attack.
Asthma UK also encourages sufferers to carry Asthma Attack Cards, as part of its "Deadly serious" campaign.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East