Asthma UK to launch pollen text alerts campaign
LONDON - Health charity Asthma UK is to launch a free text message alert service to warn sufferers on high pollen count days, during the hay fever season, when there is increased risk of having an attack.
The service, which is part of the charity's Asthma Trigger Trips campaign, is managed by marketing communications company Broadsystem.
Asthma UK will invite asthma sufferers to sign up for text alerts via its homepage, to forewarn people when there is likely to be a high pollen count.
The organisation said it was the first time it had used a text message campaign to contact asthmatics, who make up around 5.2m of the UK population.
Broadsystem will manage a database of subscriber's contact details, which will be updated daily, and send text messages when there is a risk of a high pollen count.
Rachael Williams, assistant director of individual giving at Asthma UK, said: "This groundbreaking text alert system forms a valuable part of Asthma UK's Asthma Trigger Tips initiative, which aims to enable people with asthma to know when they need to take extra care which will improve their lives."
Caroline Worboys, chief executive of Broadsystem, added: "The SMS campaign will make a real difference by making it possible for them to take preventative measures before the onset of a pollen induced attack."
In March last year Asthma UK launched its first TV ad campaign to raise awareness among parents and teachers on what to do if a child suffers a serious attack.
Asthma UK also encourages sufferers to carry Asthma Attack Cards, as part of its "Deadly serious" campaign.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london