Royal Mail offers digital mailers through Sony partnership
LONDON - Royal Mail and Sony have established a partnership offering advertisers the ability to post personalised CD-rom brochures to prospective clients and track their responses.
Audi has already enjoyed a 10% response rate from using the service and has rebooked, while a second unnamed major car manufacturer is also currently running a campaign.
Audi's advertising agency BBH used Sony DADC's technology to deliver 33,400 named consumers a CD-rom offering an interactive tour of its new Q7 model, as well as the TV ad.
Recipients were able to confirm their data, request a printed brochure and book a test drive at the click of a button, rather than having to input text or use the phone. Audi was able to monitor their interest using Sony DADC's reporting service.
Each disc can be inscribed with a unique code and the content on each disc can be tailored to individual recipients.
Alex Batchelor, Royal Mail's marketing director, believes the service will make the post attractive to traditional above-the-line advertisers.
He said: "This revolutionary approach now means advertising through the post isn't just great for driving sales and generating responses, but has greater scope for building brands."
The discs are readable by PCs and Macs according to Sony DADC's business development director Christian Dankl, and will in future be available as DVDs.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London