Eastman returns to London as Suh takes over as CEO
LONDON - David Eastman, chief executive of Agency.com, has left the post to head the network's international expansion plans while Chan Suh, the agency's chairman and co-founder, will step into the chief executive role on an interim basis.
Eastman took over as chief executive a year ago and moved to New York from London to work in the position. At the time, he took over from Don Scales, the then current chief executive who left the shop when a difference in strategic plans became clear.
Eastman will now be based in London and will head up the agency's expansion plans. Outside of the US and the UK, it also has offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Dublin and Milan. In December, it opened its first office in Asia with an office in Shanghai.
Agency.com is looking to capitalise on China's booming advertising market and satisfy demand for sister ad agency TBWA\'s existing and potential clients for interactive expertise. Future expansion plans for 2007 will initially focus on Europe, Eastman said at the time.
Eastman said: "The move will strengthen our capabilities as a provider of global interactive marketing solutions, as clients increasingly look for agency networks that can work for them internationally to create seamless communications."
Suh has held the chief executive role previously in the 1990s before Scales was appointed to the role in 2004. This time, his position is only meant to be temporary until a permanent replacement can be made.
In other changes at the agency, it is reported it is planning to poach Rob Elliott, director of finance at TBWA\Chiat\Day in Toronto, to serve as chief financial officer at the company, replacing Mike Jackson, who departed from agency.com to iCrossing, an independent agency where Don Scales is president.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london