Heat magazine goes online with Heatworld
LONDON - Emap's Heat magazine is launching its own website on Tuesday in a bid to offer readers a 'daily fix' of breaking celebrity news combined with Web 2.0 interactivity.
The launch of Heatworld.com is designed to give the title a more interactive dimension, with staff contributing blogs and readers able to create their own profiles and comment on stories.
It will also bring in valuable digital advertising revenue for Emap, with Rimmel London and Impulse already signed up as sponsors.
Kurt Edwards, digital head of sales, said: "Heat is unique and a huge brand that offers advertisers a trusted environment in a very busy women's market. Its magazine, radio, mobile and online presence will allow us to deliver some exceptional campaigns and commercial opportunities."
The editorial aspects of the site will be overseen by Julian Linley as digital editor.
The site was designed by digital agency Splendid and conceived by Heat's editor-in-chief Mark Frith and Emap Entertainment's digital business director Rebekah Billingsley.
Emap said its goal is for the website to become the number one online source for celebrity gossip.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London