College student's design helps social enterprise
LONDON - A competition to design a shoeshine box for use by shoe shiners working in the City of London has been won by a Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College student.
The university had been approached to run the competition by social enterprise StreetShine, which gives disadvantaged people a chance to step up into regular work by becoming professional shoe shiners, serving top City firms and hotels.
It was won by first year student Matthew Baldwin who designed a teardrop-shaped box, which will now be manufactured for use by the shiners.
The collaboration was organised by Rose Elwes of Offthewallconsulting, a consultancy specialising in brand and arts co-creations.
The competition judges included Dick Powell from design agency Seymour Powell, David Barker, creative director of Ebou Consulting, and a shiner from StreetShine.
The winning and shortlisted schemes will be exhibited in London at a later date once corporate sponsors have been chosen.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London