College student's design helps social enterprise
LONDON - A competition to design a shoeshine box for use by shoe shiners working in the City of London has been won by a Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College student.
The university had been approached to run the competition by social enterprise StreetShine, which gives disadvantaged people a chance to step up into regular work by becoming professional shoe shiners, serving top City firms and hotels.
It was won by first year student Matthew Baldwin who designed a teardrop-shaped box, which will now be manufactured for use by the shiners.
The collaboration was organised by Rose Elwes of Offthewallconsulting, a consultancy specialising in brand and arts co-creations.
The competition judges included Dick Powell from design agency Seymour Powell, David Barker, creative director of Ebou Consulting, and a shiner from StreetShine.
The winning and shortlisted schemes will be exhibited in London at a later date once corporate sponsors have been chosen.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London